THE BALANCED BUSINESS PODCAST | Holistic Health + Entrepreneurship
SUPPLEMENTS | Why Eating Healthy Isn't Enough | How To Know What Vitamins To Take & Find Safe Supplements with Jaime Coffey Martinez, RD
Supplements are an unregulated industry and yet most of us could benefit from supplementing to help us reach optimal health. This week on the podcast we're talking all about what you need to know about supplementation with Jaime Coffey Martinez, RD of nutritionCPR.com!
I'm generally a fan of taking a food first approach to nutrition, but the fact is we do need some supplementation if we truly want to optimize our health. This week I brought back Jaime Coffey Martinez, RD of nutritionCPR.com to tell us all about supplements!
Jaime Martinez, RD explains:
- We should move away from the standard American diet in order to ensure optimal nutrient absorption from food
- Why certain vitamins CANNOT be absorbed without fat in your diet
- How color of foods can inform their beneficial role in the body
- Why even if you're the BEST eater on the planet you should still consider supplementation to cover your bases
- Why fruits and vegetables today are actually depleted of nutrients
- How to get the maximum nutrient content from fresh or frozen vegetables
- What symptoms indicate nutrient deficincies
- What risk factors contribute to you potentially having issues with nutrient absorption
- Why the RDA or RDI numbers on supplement labels aren't necessarily calculated for optimal health
- Why your doctor might not know if you're suboptimal on a nutrient (even if you're within the reference range)
- How often to test your nutrient levels
- How to source quality and safe vitamins
If you want to learn more about Jaime, check her out at nutritionCPR.com or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!
Hey if you dig this episode, take a screenshot and post it up to your IG stories or share it with a friend! I would so appreciate it :D
This episode is sponsored by my 1:1 online business coaching program. To learn more about working with me, head on over to my main website or simply send me a DM and ask about 1:1 coaching!
Check out the show notes at talkhealthytomepodcast.com.
Until next week -- cheers!